Here are some snippets of information you should probably know...
The reality of the US healthcare system
1. Hospital medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States. That’s 700 people killed every single day! (The video in the article also explains they don’t even know what to do about it…)
2. A gripping horror story of a suspected hospital medical error & cover-up – wrong on many levels...
3. Good illustration of how over-diagnoses & over-treatments happen (with good audio recording)
4. A horror story of polypharmacy that almost killed the patient
5. A sad under-treatment case
Resources that get you educated & engaged in your healthcare!
1. The healthcare “code of silence” and what you can do to reduce the chance of being harmed (it’s 5 years of old but sadly still very relevant)
2. An upbeat “Choosing Wisely” music video - Please watch! 😁
3. A comprehensive book that explains the profit-driven nature of healthcare system and what you can do about it
4. A great resource for patient/consumer to bring the cost down & improve safety
5. Illustrations of how health advocate would help you
6. Recent post by “Epatient Dave” – a famous "engaged patient"
8. Consumers can now compare cost of care at Maryland hospitals